1. Dates and Venue: Sixth Sense Horror Film Festival 2017 will take place in May 2017. The absolute final submission deadline is as shown on www.sixthsensehorrorfest.com. The category winners will be announced at the end of the Festival.
2. Competition: The Festival reserves the right to place entries into alternative categories if they feel it is to the benefit of the title. Each submission must be entered separately. Entries will be assessed and successful submissions will be programmed for screening and enter the Festival competition. Failure to submit a screener copy by MAY 11th will rule out eligibility for an award.
3. Formats: For the selection process acceptable formats: DVD and secure online screener. For successful submissions that are granted a screening: DCP, DVD, Blu-Ray. Final date for submissions is as dictated on www.sixthsensehorrorfest.com Please address your entry to: 205, Master Mind-5, Royal palms, Aarey Milk Compound, Goregaon (East), Mumbai – 400065
4. Selection: The Festival is organized by the Sixth Sense Horror Film Festival Team. The Festival directors reserve the right to invite films for the competition and program. The final award winning entries will be selected by a Festival jury. Award winners will be notified within 14 days of the festival screenings, if they are not present on the night.
5. Entry Returns: We do not return entries.
6. Screenings: It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that films for screening are deposited with the Festival organizers at least 15 days before any scheduled screening.
7. Publicity: We reserve the right to use extracts from submissions for festival publicity and marketing purposes. Press kits are not required, but are useful, so please feel free to send these with your submissions.
8. Submission, Selection for Screening and Awards: There are 3 distinct stages. Submission, Screening and Award. The administrator’s decision is final.
Rules and Regulations
The duration of the film should not be more than 15mins
It can be submitted in any format
The subject must be presenting horror/thriller genre only.
All the films, on submission, should have English subtitles
Outline Of The Festival
1) Submission for India’s first horror film festival begins form Nov. 2016 to May 2017.
2) Panel will shortlist top 50 films out of 1000+ expected entries.
3) Nominations will be based upon these top 50 films in different categories
4) Screening will be done on 18th& 19thmay At Ravindra Natya Mandir ‘Mini Theater” 3rd Floor, PL Deshpande Auditorium, near Siddhivinayak Temple, Sayani Road, Prabhadevi, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400025. and Awards will be given to the winners At 20th May 1st Floor, Y.B. Chavan Centre, Gen. Jagannath Bhosale Marg, Foreshore road,, Opp. Mantralaya, Nariman Point, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400021
Screening of the films
Guidelines from the panel for the film makers and the film Making Students
1) Giving the platform to all the film makers around the globe to showcase their talent in world’s biggest market of horrors films “India”!
2) Understanding the market in India and the reception to international films!
3) Building bonds between Indian and foreign film makers!